What is BSS?- It is a group of business elements which is used in networking to help service providers to gain customer insight, compile real-time subscriptions.
- BSS stands for Business Support System.
- It is also known as Operational Support System (OSS).
- It is critical because it helps service providers to support and extend operations to enhance business services.
- It provides a service provider with a convergent, integrated and synchronized business environment.
Roles of BSS:
1. Product management
2. Customer management
3. Revenue management
4. Order management
1. Product management:
- It supports product development, sales and management of products.
- It offers and bundles to businesses and mass-market customers.
- It includes cross-product discounts, appropriate pricing and managing how the products relate to one another.
2. Customer management:
- It covers requirements for partner management and 24x7 web-based customer self-service.
- It can also be thought of as full-fledged customer relationship management systems implemented to help customer care agents handle the customers in a better and more informed manner.
3. Revenue management:
- It focuses on billing, charging and settlement,
- It can handle any combination of OSS service, products and offers.
- It supports OSS order provisioning and often partner settlement.
4. Order management:
- It is a beginning of assurance is normally associated with OSS.
- BSS is the business driver for fulfillment management and order provisioning.