Peoplesoft Admin interview questions and answers - Peoplesoft Admin FAQs
1. ) What are the various layers of PeopleSoft. Explain them.
2. ) Explain the architecture of Peoplesoft.
3. Explain the installation of Peoplesoft.
2.) What are various ways to trace a process / Application in PeopleSoft? Explain them.
3. ) How would you find out how many users are connected to Peoplesoft?
a.) You want to enable debug mode in Peoplesoft Application Server. How would you do it?
b.) You want to setup file attachment / Report Servers. How would you do that?
a.) Compare reports
b.) Change Assistant
6. Situation: You want to upgrade a Peoplesoft tool. How would you do it?
a.) REN Server
b.) Environment Hub
8. How do you find app server / Process Scheduler are up and running ?
9. Name a few third party tools / software required for PS to function.
10. Is it OK to install two different Peoplesoft versions on same machine? If yes, how would you do it?
11. Explain One to Many Relationship.
12. If you want to use a new Image in HRMS, where would it be stored?
13. Name the People Tools available for Integration Broker?
14. Explain Integration broker and its components.
16. How would you connect as a tier in Application Designer?
17. Explain BB and BBL.
18. What are the valid values in Peoplecode debugger?
19. Which tree types is NOT supported in the PeopleSoft tree manager?
a.) Load balancing
b.) Session_timeout parameter
c.) Application Server Clustering
d.) Session_timeout parameter
21. How many Message nodes are possible for a database?
22. Explain the different menu types available.
23. Differentiate between:
a.) RowClass and RowSet
b.) DDDAUDIT and SYSAUDIT
23. What is a connectivity software? Where would youinstall it?
24. What views available in Application Designer project workspace?
26. What are the default values for PSAPPSRV and other servers when application designer starts?
a.) All the application servers in production environment have reached a threshold. How would you configure a new application server so that the web server is
b.) You are receiving an error "Application server is down at this time" but hthe application server is running. What could be the problem?How will you debug
c.) You want to authenticate a user in Peoplesoft. How would you do that?
28. Explain recycling the server processes.
29. Explain PSSTATUS table. What is its use?
30. Tell us about:
a.) Application server tuning.
b.) Web servers.
a.) You want to change the system passowrd. How would you do it?
b.) You want a single output by comining two or more queries. How would you do that?
32. You just started a new application server. What problems you may encounter?
33. What are the different types of reports in Peoplesoft?
34. Explain state records. What is its purpose?
35. Which PeopleTools System table is used to track object changes?
36. Which Crystal Report does PeopleSoft Query tool create by default?
37. How would you set up table-sharing in PeopleTools applications?
38. What statuses are available in PeopleSoft Domain Status Menu?
39. Can a PeopleTools 8.4 and a PeopleTools 8.1x database run on the same machine?
40. Which command is valid in both bootstrap and regular mode when operating the data mover?
41. Which events get fired after DB Update?
42. What Search Keys do you use to find Patches and Fixes?
42. What BEA product is used for DB transaction in Peoplesoft? How would you log into the BS mode?