Android interview online test (100
questions) -By Pradip Patil, Lecturer IIMP
Android interview questions
- posted on June 27, 2013 at 15:29 PM by Kshipra
1. What are the key components of Android
Android Architecture consists of 4 key
- Linux Kernel
- Android Applications
2. What are the advantages of having an
emulator within the Android
- The emulator allows the developers to work
around an interface which acts as if it were an actual mobile
- They can write, test and debug the code.
- They are
safe for testing the code in early design
3. Tell us something about
- An activityCreator is the initial step for
creation of a new Android project.
- It consists of a shell
script that is used to create new file system structure required for
writing codes in Android IDE.
4. What do you know about
- Notification messages to the user from an
Android enabled device can be displayed using Intents. The users can
respond to intents.
- There are two types of Intents - Explicit
Intent, Implicit Intent.
5. What is an Explicit
- Explicit intent specifies the particular
activity that should respond to the intent.
- They are used for
application internal messages.
6. What is an Implicit
- In case of Implicit Intent, an intent is
- It is for the platform to find an activity that
can respond to it.
- Since the target component is not declared,
it is used for activating components of other applications.
7. What do intent filters
- There can be more than one intents,
depending on the services and activities that are going to use them.
- Each component needs to tell which intents they want to
- Intent filters filter out the intents that these
components are willing to respond to.
8. Where are lay out details placed?
- Layout details are placed in XML files
XML-based layouts provide a consistent and standard means of setting
GUI definition format.
9. What do containers
- Containers hold objects and widgets in a
- They can also hold labels, fields,
buttons, or child containers. .
10. What is
- Orientation decides if the LinearLayout
should be presented in row wise or column wise fashion.
values are set using setOrientation()
- The values can be
HORIZONTAL or VERTICAL
11. What is it important to set permissions
in app development?
- Certain restrictions to protect data and
code can be set using permissions.
- In absence of these
permissions, codes could get compromised causing defects in
12. What is
- AIDL is the abbreviation for Android
Interface Definition Language.
- It handles the interface
requirements between a client and a service to communicate at the
same level through interprocess communication.
- The process
involves breaking down objects into primitives that are Android
13. What data types are supported by
AIDL supports following data
native Java data types like int,long, char and
14. Tell us something about nine-patch
- The Nine-patch in the image name refers to
the way the image can be resized: 4 corners that are unscaled, 4
edges that are scaled in 1 axis, and the middle one that can be
scaled into both axes.
- A Nine-patch image allows resizing that
can be used as background or other image size requirements for the
15. Which dialog boxes are supported by
Android supports 4 dialog boxes:
AlertDialog: Alert dialog box supports 0 to 3 buttons and a list of
selectable elements which includes check boxes and radio buttons.
b.) ProgressDialog: This dialog box is an extension of
AlertDialog and supports adding buttons. It displays a progress
wheel or bar.
c.) DatePickerDialog: The user can select the
date using this dialog box.
d.) TimePickerDialog: The user
can select the time using this dialog
16. What is Dalvik Virtual
- It is Android's virtual machine.
is an interpreter-only virtual machine which executes files in
Dalvik Executable (.dex) format. This format is optimized for
efficient storage and memory-mappable
is a stack of software for mobile devices which has Operating
System, middleware and some key
is useful because: 1) It is simple and powerful
Application Architecture has the following
a situation that you are in a country where no one understands the
language you speak and you can not read or
following are the advantages of Android: 1) The customer will be
benefited from wide range of mobile applications to choose, since
the monopoly of wireless carriers like AT&T and Orange will be
broken by Google Android.................
android id, layout height and width as depicted in the following
Multiple choice list can be viewed by making the
CheckBox android:id value be “@android:id
supports 4 dialog boxes: AlertDialog : An alert dialog box supports
0 to 3 buttons and a list of selectable elements, including check
boxes and radio buttons............
following are the exceptions that are supported by
10.What is the TTL (Time to Live)? Why is it
TTL is a value in data packet of Internet
Protocol. It communicates to the network router whether or not the
packet should be in the network for too long or
In a domain, one or more computer can be a server to manage the
network. On the other hand in a workgroup all computers are peers
having no control on each other.............
IP datagram can be used to describe a portion of IP data. Each IP
datagram has set of fields arranged in an order. The order is
specific which helps to decode and read the stream
Test your android