Use of CUSTOM Library in Oracle Apps
What is the use of CUSTOM Library in Oracle Apps?- The main beneficial use of the custom library is allowing extension to Oracle Application without modification of Oracle Application code.
- We can do the customization such as Zoom, enforcing business rules and disabling fields that do not apply for your site.
- Also used to validate the base application without modifying the Custom.pll.
- The CUSTOM library is an Oracle Forms PL/SQL library.
- It allows you to take full advantage of all the capabilities of the Developer/2000 suite of products, and integrate your code directly with Oracle Applications without making changes to Oracle Applications code.
- The CUSTOM library is located in the $AU_TOP/res/plsql directory (or platform equivalent).
- The CUSTOM library you modify must replace the default CUSTOM library in this directory in order for your code to take effect.
- After you write code in the CUSTOM procedures, compile and generate the library using Oracle Forms.
- Then place this library into $AU_TOP/res/plsql directory (or platform equivalent).
- Subsequent invocations of Oracle Applications will then run this new code.
- The specification of the CUSTOM package in the CUSTOM library cannot be changed in any way.
- You may add your own packages to the CUSTOM library, but any packages you add to this library must be sequenced after the CUSTOM package.
- To ensure that your packages remain sequenced after the CUSTOM package even after a conversion from a .pld file, when program units are alphabetized.
User exits and types
A user exit is a C subroutine written by user and called by Oracle Forms to do
Types of Journal entries
Journal entries are based on business transaction and correct effect of entries
bring apparent balance sheet and profit or loss.......
Conversions and interfaces
As in the general English meaning of conversion means converting from one from
to another form and interface......