Indigenously developed missile QR-SAM meets with success
Q. What is QR-SAM?- Published on 04 Jul 17
b. Air gun
India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed quick reaction surface-to-air short range missile (QR-SAM).
The sophisticated missile was test fired from a truck-mounted canister launcher from launch complex-3 at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur.
It was the second successful developmental trial of the state-of-the-art missile with an aerial target.
The first test launch of the missile was conducted in June 2017 from the same base. Features of the missile
- The QR-SAM has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and other establishments.
- It has been designed to be a quick reaction missile.
- It is an all-weather weapon system capable of tracking and firing.
- The missile has a strike range of 25 to 30 km.
- It can engage multiple targets.