1) 56% of Y is 182. What is Y?
2) Y has to score 40% marks to pass. He gets 20 marks and fails by 40 marks. The maximum marks of the exam are?
3) Which of the following two ratios is greater 17:18 and 10:11?
c. Both are same
d. Cannot determine
4) 285 is summation of 3 numbers. Ratio between 2nd and 3rd numbers is 6:5. Ratio between 1st and 2nd numbers is 3:7. The 3rd number is?
Values of 2nd number = 7 and 6 (They are not the same)
Make the values of 2nd number same as follows -
Multiply 3:7 up and down with 6 as shown
Multiply 6:5 up and down with 7 as shown
Values of 2nd number are now same = 42
1st number : 2nd number = 18 : 42
2nd number : 3rd number = 42 : 35
1st number : 2nd number : 3rd number = 18 : 42 : 35
Common factor helps in finding actual values easily
So, take ‘A’ as common factor.
So now the 3 numbers are 18A, 42A and 35A
18A + 42A + 35A = 285
A = 3
3rd number = 35A = 35 x 3 = 105
5) A man got Rs. 130 less, as simple interest, when he invested Rs. 2000 for 4 years as compared to investing Rs. 2250 for same duration. What is the rate of interest?
6) In 3 years by compound interest, a sum becomes Rs. 900. But in 4 years by compound interest, the same sum becomes Rs. 1000. What is the sum and the rate of interest?
a. Rs. 625.20, 12.50%
b. Rs. 656.10, 11.11%
c. Rs. 686.50, 12.50%
d. Rs. 695.80, 11.11%
7) A walks from points Jammu to Delhi and at the same time B starts walking from Delhi to Jammu. After passing each other, they complete their journeys in 361 hours and 289 hours, respectively. Find the ratio of speed of A to that of B?
8) Amit covers a distance at a speed of 24 km/hr in 6 min. If he wants to cover the same distance in 8 min, what should be his speed?
a. 18 km/hr
b. 21 km/hr
c. 30 km/hr
d. 15 km/hr
9) Ram is three times as old as his Sam. 2 years ago he was five times as old as Sam. What is the present age of Ram?
a. 12 years
b. 14 years
c. 18 years
d. 24 years
10) The average age of a group of 4 friends is 36 years. The youngest friend amongst them is 6 years old. What was the average age of the group at the time of the birth of the youngest friend?
a. 36 years
b. 38 years
c. 32 years
d. 40 years
11) If 12 men or 16 women can do a work in 172 days, how long will 21 men and 15 women to do the same work?
a. 64 days
b. 60 days
c. 86 days
d. 75 days
12) Two pipes M and N can fill a tank in 22 hours and 33 hours respectively. In how much time will the tank be full, if both the pipes are opened simultaneously?
a. 18 hours
b. 19/22 hours
c. 1(1/11) hours
d. 13(1/5) hours
13) 3 pipes have diameters 2 cms, 3 cms and 4 cms. The ratio of water flowing through them is equal to ratio of the square of their diameters. The biggest pipe when open alone, can fill the entire pool in just 126 minutes. When all the pipes are opened together, the pool would be filled in how much time?
a. 2016/29 minutes
b. 2111/126 minutes
c. 215/63 minutes
d. 155 minutes
14) Two trains A and B leave Kolkata for Sikkim at 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm respectively and run at 90 km/hr and 120 km/hr, respectively. At what distance from Kolkata, will the two trains meet?
a. 450 kms
b. 180 kms
c. 150 kms
d. 360 kms
15) Simran takes twice as long to swim up as to swim down the river and has a speed of 12 km/hr in still water. What is river’s speed?
a. 6 km/hr
b. 3 km/hr
c. 8 km/hr
d. 4 km/hr
16) Find average of natural numbers from 1 to 65?
17) In a race, average speed of total 75 bikes is 35km/hr. The average speed of red bikes is 55 km/hr. If average speed of green bikes is 30km/hr, then how many green bikes are there?
18) In a palace, supplies are available for 35 days for only 75 people. 15 Guests arrive in the palace for vacation on day 1 itself. For how many days will these supplies be sufficient for all these people?
a. 90 days
b. 11.25 days
c. 42 days
d. 22.5 days
19) Suresh keeps all his socks in a single drawer. He has 24 pairs of white socks and 18 pairs of grey socks. Suresh picks 3 socks randomly. Find the possibility of Suresh choosing a matching pair.
20) Ramesh can do a work in 15 days. Vijay and Ramesh together do the same work in 10days. They received Rs. 1155 for that work. What is share of Ramesh and Vijay?
a. Ramesh = Rs. 770; Vijay = Rs. 385
b. Ramesh = Rs. 605; Vijay = Rs. 550
c. Ramesh = Rs. 550; Vijay = Rs. 605
d. Ramesh = Rs. 385; Vijay = Rs. 770