1) If price of rice is 30% less than that of wheat, then price of wheat is how much per cent more than that of rice?
2) By 20% decrease in the price of rice, people can buy 10 kg more rice in Rs.100. What is the original price of 1kg of rice?
a. Rs. 1.5
b. Rs. 2.5
c. Rs. 5
d. Rs. 4.5
3) Find the mean proportional between 7 and 63?
4) An amount of Rs. 6500, at simple quarterly interest of 8%, will yield how much in 2 and half years?
a. Rs. 6300
b. Rs. 7050
c. Rs. 6600
d. Rs. 7800
5) How much should be the annual installment to completely pay off a debt of Rs. 1078 in 6 years at 9% per annum rate of interest?
First take Installment amount = P = Rs. 100
Total installments = 6 (One installment per year)
Simple and Easy rule -
If there are ‘n’ installments, then, 1st installment will have interest for (n-1) years, 2nd will have interest for (n-2) years and so on.
So in this case, n=6
1st installment will have interest for 5 years (n-1 = 6-1=5 years)
2nd installment will have interest for 4 years (n-2 = 6-2=4 years)
3rd installment will have interest for 3 years (n-3 = 6-3= 3 years)
4th installment will have interest for 2 years (n-4 = 6-4= 2 years)
5th installment will have interest for 1 year (n-5 = 6-5= 1 year)
6th installment will have no interest (n-6 = 6-6= 0 years)
Total Amount = 6 Installments + Interest on those 6 Installments
Now here, rate of interest is same for all installments = R = 9%
P = Rs. 100 (same amount Rs. 100 for all installments)
From above rule we can calculate effective time period ‘T’
T (for interest calculation) = 5 years + 4 years + years + 2 years + 1 year + 0 years
6) What will be the interest earned on sum of Rs. 5500 kept for 6 months at 25% interest rate compounded quarterly?
a. Rs. 825
b. Rs. 735.5
c. Rs. 855
d. Rs. 815
7) The population of a city is 50,000 at present. It increases at the rate of 10% per annum. What was its population 4 years ago from present?
a. 36, 561
b. 35, 450
8) Surendra travels from home to office by car. With an average speed of 50 km/hr, he is late by 30 minutes. But when he comes with a speed of 60 km/h, he reaches his office 10 minutes earlier. How far is his office from his home?
a. 60 km
b. 80 km
c. 200 km
d. 100 km
9) Rohan is as much younger than Ajay as he is older than Meena. The sum of ages of Ajay and Meena is 108 years. How old is Rohan?
a. 32 years
b. 64 years
c. 52 years
d. 36 years
10) If 24 men can finish a work in 10 days, then find the number of days required to complete the same work by 30 men?
a. 8 days
b. 6 days
c. 3 days
d. 7.5 days
11) Meena can do a piece of work in 20 days. Kumar can do it in 30 days. They start working together on the work but 10 days before the completion of the work, Kumar leaves. In how many days does the total work get completed?
a. 20 days
b. 12 days
c. 6 days
d. 16 days
12) P can do a job in 30 days, while Q alone can do it in 45 days. They work together for 15 days and rest of the job is done by R in 6 days. They get Rs.15000 for the whole job. What will be R’s share?
a. Rs. 5000
b. Rs. 2500
c. Rs. 7500
d. Rs. 1500
13) Two pipes M and N are opened together to fill a tank. Both the pipes fill the tank in time X minutes. When M alone is filling the tank, it takes 9 minutes more time than X to fill the tank. In a similar manner N takes 16 minutes more time than X to fill the tank. What is the value of X?
a. 12 minutes
b. 7 minutes
c. 25 minutes
d. 144 minutes
14) Two trains A and B are moving in the same direction. A has speed of 8 km/h and B has speed of 13 km/h. What is relative speed of B with respect to A?
a. 2.5 km/hr
b. 5 km/hr
c. 21 km/hr
d. 10.5 km/hr
15) Stations A and B are 220 km apart. A train leaves towards station B with speed of 40 km/hr at 10 pm. Another train leaves towards station A from station B with speed of 50 km/hr at 11 pm. At what time both trains meet?
a. 12 pm
b. 2 am
c. 1 am
d. 1 pm
16) An ocean current flows at a rate of 1.5 km/hr. A shark can swim in still water at the rate 4.5 km/hr. What is the average speed for the entire distance travelled, if the shark swims from India to Australia and comes back?
a. 3.5 km/hr
b. 4 km/hr
c. 3 km/hr
d. 6 km/hr
17) The average of first 17 multiples of 13 is
18) What will be the ratio of number of history books to number of geography books, if average number of pages of all books is 158, average number of pages of all history books is 164 and average number of pages of geography books 154?
19) Posters stuck by a child is equal to the half the posters stuck by an adult. 20 adults and 16 children can stick all posters in 10 days. When 8 adults and 12 children start working together, in what time will they stick all the posters?
a. 20 days
b. 24 days
c. 40 days
d. 25 days
20) A pot has 2 white, 6 black, 4 grey and 8 green balls. If one ball is picked randomly from the pot, what is the probability of it being black or green?