What is the purpose of SCAN?
- SCAN stands for Single Client Access Name which is an integral part of the Oracle RAC.
- It simplifies the client access that is used with the Oracle RAC databases and provides an easy way to access all other resources by using the single name.
- Only a single name allows the accessing to be done of all the resources that is being taken up by the clusters on the servers.
- SCAN is used to manage the connection request that is coming from the client and that doesn’t change when the cluster is scaled and when the nodes changes in the cluster.
- It uses a simplified connection string called as EZConnect to connect to various databases and systems.