Advantages of memory segmentation in 8086
Mention briefly the advantages of memory segmentation in 8086?
Some of the advantages of memory segmentation in the 8086 are as follows:
- With the help of memory segmentation a user is able to work with registers having only 16-bits.
- By memory segmentation the various portions of a program can be of more than 68kb.
- The data and the users code can be stored separately allowing for more flexibility.
- Also due to segmentation the logical address range is from 0000H to FFFFH the code can be loaded at any location in the memory.
- RE: Advantages of memory segmentation in 8086 -rahul kumar (11/23/14)
- its nonsense bro