|State the characteristics of hardwired and micro programmed control units - Motherboard
State the characteristics of hardwired and micro programmed control units.
The characteristics of hardwired control units are as follows:
- Hardwired control units are based on combinational circuits.
- In these type of systems the inputs and transforms are set into control signals.
- Theses units are faster and are known to have a more complex structure.
Characteristics of micro programmed control units:
- These control units are implemented as micro programs of routines.
- The control unit implemented in micro program is implemented in the form of a CPU inside another CPU.
- These types of circuits are simple but comparatively slower.