Journalism should be out of the premises of censorship
Journalism or reporting is a very responsible and sensitive job as it has a direct effect on a society. It is mainly about reporting rather than supporting -but does the journalism today need to be brought under the scissors of censorship?
- India being a democratic country has given the right of freedom of expression to everyone and in the field of journalism, freedom of expressing the thoughts without fear is of utmost importance.
- Censorship cripples the journalist as it confines them to work within certain boundaries limiting their thoughts.
- Journalists would expose faces that have a big hand behind corrupting our country or to say the least are working on the lines of corruption.
- It would ensure that people will get to know the truth without any politics involved behind it.
- Free reporting increasing the pressure on politicians and other government bodies. This improves their performance.
- It is a medium to inform the people about various issues related to the society.
- There are always incidents that if revealed would harm one’s image. For ex. A molested girl if showed with her photograph would never get a respectable place in the society.
- Many unnecessary issues have been brought up by the journalists in the recent times which shouldn’t have been brought up in front of the public.
- There are many sensitive issues that a journalist should not raise and censor boards take care of that.
- Journalist generally write or show only those contents which they think will attract more public , which would eventually mean more money for them.
- In an attempt to increase their TRP or be the first one to report, they at times report even the issues which must be kept secret. For e.g. live coverage of attack on Taj hotel by terrorists lead to security issues.
Journalism is a great way of bringing the truth in front of everyone but it has to follow strict guidelines as it might raise some issues.
You may like