Career in Forensic Accounting - options and opportunities
Career in Forensic Accounting - options and opportunities- Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Forensic Accounting - options and opportunities -KAPP Edge (04/24/17)
- Forensic accounting is one of the most prestigious and high in demand career option across world. The most renowned certification in the field is Certified Fraud Examiner-CFE offered by ACFE. This is globally recognized certification and enhances the skill in forensic accounting and fraud investigation field.
KAPP edge is india’s only CFE course provider.
- RE: Career in Forensic Accounting - options and opportunities -surajmishra (12/27/13)
- I am from financial market course.and I want do forensic accounting course.please help me for, what are the procedure of forensic accounting and also scope.
and also explain the forensic accounting course for how many years.
- RE: Career in Forensic Accounting - options and opportunities -Rajani Sharma (11/28/11)
Forensic accounting is the branch of accounting which utilize principles of accounting, auditing and investigation skills to handle legal matters. Its main function is to investigate and analyze financial records of any client or firm who are involved in a legal dispute. It mainly consists of 3 areas- litigation (law suit) support, investigation and dispute resolution. Professionals in this field are known as Forensic accountants. They apply their knowledge of accounting, law and finance and investigative techniques to determine whether an activity is legal or illegal. Forensic accountant is an experienced auditor who acts as a watch dog of accounts of the organisation, to keep check of the frauds. Forensic accountant has various other roles to play such as an accountant, detective and legal expert.
Performance and growth of industry in India
Increase in the rate of crimes, such as banking and investments embezzlement, securitities fraud has increased the demand of professionals who have strong analytical, investigative skills and are expert in this field. In India, in the wake of the Satyam scam, demand for forensic accountants have gone up. Forensic accounting is one of the highly paid jobs in India. The demand for forensic accountants is exceeding the supply which has given a wide scope to the professionals in this field. Forensic Accounting firms are everywhere and will exist as long as human beings exist.
Options and Opportunities
Forensic Accountants has huge opportunities in this field as the demand of such professionals is high as compared to the supply. Forensic Accountants are required in most of the major accounting firms for investigating mergers and acquisitions, specialized audits and in other kinds of civil litigation suppot, economic crime investigations, tax investigations and even in terrorist investigations. A majority of cases which require involvement of these professionals are divorce disputes, business carelessness investigation claims, and personal injury claims.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Forensic Accounting
- Certificate Course in Forensic Accounting Professional
- Certified Anti-Moneylaundering Expert
- Certified Bank Forensic Accounting
- Cerified Vigilance and Ivestigation Expert
In order to be a Certified Forensic Accountant one must meet the following criterias:
- Graduate Degree from the Recognised University.
- Professional Experience of at leat three years
- Pass the CFAP examination conducted by Indiaforensic with at leat 75% marks
Some good institutes
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi (Delhi)
- The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University (I.C.F.A.I.), West Tripura (Tripura)
- India Forensic, Pune
In India, CFAP Examinations are conducted by India Forensic and Moderated under the bylaws of Forensic Accounting Research Foundation.