Career in Interior Designing - options and opportunities
Career in Interior Designing - options and opportunities- Introduction, options, opportunities, courses, institutes, exams etc.
- RE: Career in Interior Designing - options and opportunities -Somya jain (03/17/17)
- After b.e.
- RE: Career in Interior Designing - options and opportunities -Rohit Sharma (12/01/11)
Interior Designing includes several fields of expertise in arts and designing. Interior designing is divided into four different fields which are: fashion designing- deals with the clothes which we wear and mainly with textile and clothing, product designing- deals with designing of product which is the end result of any software development, graphic designing- deals with the design of graphics for websites, movies, logos, favourite icons, signature etc., and interior designing-deals with the decoration of your living space which further includes organizing, manazing, decorating, and planning of the interiors which you want to be displayed at your home, office, theaters, conference halls etc. Interior design is used to create the environment for our living place to make it look attractive and demanding. This is also one of the tough field as it requires constant effort to keep track of the latest trends to keep with the latest style.
Performance and growth of industry in India
The growth can be seen from last few years as this field is performing very well in every sector and affecting the way we live. To keep the interiors of the living place alive more and more people are pursuing interior design to learn the art of decoration. Interior designing in last few years brought lots of employment opportunities. The country has seen the growth in sectors like hotels, resorts, offices, and homes. This profession is becoming very lucrative and attracting more and more people towards it. This field has flexibility to work, a professional can either work full time or part time to learn and achieve the success in this field. Moreover in few years the growth will be such that people will start their own business and work from home with minimal investments.
Options and Opportunities
The options and opportunities are many in this field. It is one of the lucrative jobs for students as they can start their career after completing their studies. Interior designers demand has been raised as everyone requires their assistance for decoration and to bring the attractiveness in their living place. Top companies and private homes require most of the interior designers. Interior designers can also apply abroad to get more career opportunities or for higher studies. The remuneration is high in this field. The only requirement to enter in this field is a person should be talented with an artistic and creative approach to make the living space better.
- B.Des in Interior Design
- B.Sc in Interior Design
- Master Diploma in Interior Design
- Master in Interior Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Interior Design
- Professional Program in Interior Design
- Advance Diploma in Interior Design
- Computer Aided Interior Design
- Certificate Course in Interior Design
Candidates who have passed 10+2 with 55% marks in aggregarte in physics, chemistry, and biology/maths are eligible to apply.
Some good institutes
- Vodue Institute of Fashion Technology
- Amity School of Fashion Technology
- Apeejay Institute of Design
- Arc h Academy of Design
- Global Institute of Fashion Technology
- International Institute of Fashion Technology
- Raffles Millennium International
- BD Somani Institute of Art and Fashion Technology
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology
- College of Computer and Information Technology
- Delhi Institute of Fashion Technology
- Dhiyoh International School of Design
- FE Institute of Art & Design
- Footwear Design & Development Institute FDDI
- Gandhi Institute of Fashion and Textile
- Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam
- National Level Entrance Aptitude Test (NLAT)
- National Entrance Examination for Design (NEED)
- NID Entrance Test
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) Entrance Exam