Course vs College - Which one should you choose?
Course vs College – Which one should you choose?
The admission season arrives and with it arrives the confusion in students - whether to chase their dream and pursue the course of their choice or opt for a good college even if it means foregoing the course of their interest. Different set of people have different opinions. Here we bring to you the arguments from both the groups: Choose the course of your choice
- The environment and the premises of a good college while compromising on the course of your interest might elate you for some months but will ultimately make you depressed when you are not able to perform well or find the subject interesting.
- Those who perform well in their course and possess a good knowledge are valued in the market even if they come from a mediocre college.
- If the course is of your choice the chances of you being happy in your profession and life are higher while if you compromise on the course for a good college, you might land up being dissatisfied all your life. If you are sure that you want to be a Geologist do not opt for Economics even if it means giving up the best college.
- When you choose a course of your choice and work hard, there are fair chances of being able to get into a good college for PG through an entrance exam. Placements come with college
- Preference of college specially comes higher if you are pursuing a technical (engineering) or management course. If you want to do engineering off course it is the college which should take preference because ultimately everyone would teach the same subjects but the placements come with the college’s brand name.
- A good college provides a good environment, extra curricular activities, a good quality faculty which are extremely important for over all growth.
Preference to college above course or course above college is a confusing decision. To help students the colleges and schools together can introduce some counselling sessions where the students can find answers to their questions. The students should also take an initiative and contact their principals, vice-principals, teachers and career counsellors to make a decision.
Moreover, if the students are sure about the career they want to pursue, it is the course which they should go after but if it is just a thing like job in IT choose the best college available to you.
More from CareerRide