E - books or Printed books - what's your choice?
E – books or Printed books – what's your choice?
The race is getting tighter as the downloadable music is already set to completely replace the CDs. With this, the next round of battle begins between the e-books and printed books.
With the advent of technology, printed books are getting replaced by the digital or e-books. An e-book is a book in electronic format.
The youth of today prefers e-books over the printed books. But there are people who still love to prefer the traditional style of reading printed books.
Let's take a look at the views of what the people from each side have to say.
E – books
1. Mobility – E-books allow you to bring a whole library with you, wherever you go. With a bigger disk space, it would be easy for you to carry the entire library along with you as you would have it accessible at your fingertip. Backing up your entire library online or on a local system won't require much space.
2. Font adjustment – With an e-book, one can easily change the size of the font. While reading a printed or physical book, when your eyes get strained, you have little choice but to stop reading the book. While reading an e-book, you can keep changing the size of the font and continue reading.
3. Price – E-books are often cheaper in the long run as they do not involve any printing cost. A lot of e-books are available free of cost online.
4. Delivers instantly – E-books are delivered almost instantly. You can purchase, download and start reading them instantly without any wait. You do not have to wait for many days for the arrival of the books in the shops.
5. Convenience – Keeping an e-book consumes only a little space and thus, you can download books of various authors and genres. You can finish the reading and delete the book from your storage. You would not feel guilty as it is just a matter of few bits.
1. Resale value – One can never be able to resell the e-books. Physical books can easily have a resale value. Once the book turns out to be an old one, you can sell it. This is not possible in case of e-books.
2. No devices required – When you travel to a small town or to any place without a mobile phone, it would be impossible for you to download a book. In such cases, physical books can turn out to be your best friends.
3. Tradition – You won't get that comforting smell of the paper while reading e-books. This is possible only in physical or printed books. Most of us, buy printed books just because of its good smell that it possesses initially.
4. Easier to concentrate: Many people find it easier to concentrate while reading print books. Their eyes get strained with the brightness of monitor in e-books.
Both types of books have their own advantages but it is ultimately your decision which one you prefer. Technology friendly people can prefer e-books as it would satisfy their expectations. Whereas, people who are comfortable with the smell of the paper can prefer printed books.
More from CareerRide