One word substitutes - MCQs with answers - Part VIIChoose the correct one word to replace the given sentence1. A sneering critic of everything:
d. SatiristView Answer / Hide Answer
2. Something which is no longer used:
ANSWER: a. Cynic
Example: Whilst I am being the cynic, I would like to comment on this particular theory.
d. LifelessView Answer / Hide Answer
3. A man whose manners are more like a woman:
ANSWER: b. Dead
Example: Almost all the words that were used earlier are dead now.
d. Epicene View Answer / Hide Answer
4. A peculiarity of temperament:
ANSWER: c. Effeminate
Example: He fails to attract women because of his effeminate behavior.
d. IrregularityView Answer / Hide Answer
5. A work of art by pasting various, unrelated materials on one surface like newspaper clippings, photographs, etc.:
ANSWER: b. Eccentricity
Example: Scholars are infamous for their eccentricity.
d. CollectionView Answer / Hide Answer
6. Government by the representative of the people:
ANSWER: b. Collage
Example: Their juniors gifted them a collage of the old pictures of their batch.
b. Liberal government
d. CommonwealthView Answer / Hide Answer
7. Government by an absolute ruler:
ANSWER: c. Democracy
Example: Liberal democracy was promoted as being the remedy for the ills ailing the world.
d. RepresentativeView Answer / Hide Answer
8. The result of a match where no party wins:
ANSWER: c. Dictatorship
Example: Hitler practised dictatorship in Germany.
d. Even stevenView Answer / Hide Answer
9.One who does not know how to read and write:
ANSWER: a. Draw
Example: The tennis match between our and their colleges was a draw.
d. UnreadView Answer / Hide Answer
10. One who leaves one's country to settle elsewhere:
ANSWER: c. Illiterate
Example: A very negligible part of Kerala's population is illiterate.
d. Expatriate View Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: b. Emigrant
Example: Emigrants should take good care of their passports.