One word substitutes - MCQs with answers - Part XIChoose the correct one word to replace the given description1. Something which is against the legal system:
d. IllegalView Answer / Hide Answer
2. The act of killing human beings:
ANSWER: d. Illegal
Example: Encroaching on anyone else's land is an illegal act.
d. HomicideView Answer / Hide Answer
3. Belonging to all parts of the world:
ANSWER: d. Homicide
Example: The bombers were brainwashed to commit the massive homicide.
d. Worldly View Answer / Hide Answer
4. One whose views are in non-conformity with the conventional religious views:
ANSWER: c. Cosmopolitan
Example: London has a cosmopolitan culture.
d. Blasphemous View Answer / Hide Answer
5. Something very hard or impossible to read:
ANSWER: c. Heretic
Example: A heretic was punished in the ancient times.
d. HieroglyphicView Answer / Hide Answer
6. The study of Earth's dynamic, physical and chemical properties:
ANSWER: b. Illegible
Example: Doctors' writings are usually illegible.
d. TopologyView Answer / Hide Answer
7. Behavioral characteristic peculiar to a particular person:
ANSWER: b. Geology
Example: The anomalous geological landscapes are some of the best tourist attractions.
d. PeculiarityView Answer / Hide Answer
8. Indecent behavior intended to attract attention to oneself:
ANSWER: b. Idiosyncrasy
Example: I am tired of bearing his idiosycrasies.
a. Attention seeking
d. ExhibitionismView Answer / Hide Answer
9. The philosophical theory that champions pleasure and fulfilling of desire as utmost goal:
ANSWER: d. Exhibitionism
Example: The exhibitionist behavior of young couples in the public park was highly criticized.
d. DebaucheryView Answer / Hide Answer
10. Something which is not recognized by rules or set standards:
ANSWER: a. Hedonism
Example: Between the hedonism of the ancients and that of modern philosophers there lies a great gulf.
d. InvalidView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: c. Illegitimate
Example: Children born without marriage are considered illegitimate.