Performance enhancing drugs should be legalized in sports - Group Discussion
Sports are based around the fact of fair competition. We often hear people say “Be a sport”, or “Sportsman spirit” etc. We use this when we expect people to judge fairly, accept challenges as they come and not react to criticism negatively.
- Performance enhancing Drugs work and boost the athlete.
- There are some athletes who have a passion to play but cannot pursue because of some physical constraints. Such performance enhancing drugs could work in their favor.
- It’s the choice of the athlete. Performance enhancing drugs are only for the athlete. It is not going to impact anybody else.
- Performance enhancing Drugs could have an impact on the body if left or the sportsman quits sport.
- Any sport is expected to be fair and based on your natural talent and training.
- There are athletes that can’t consume performance enhancing drugs. This makes their chance of winning, bleak.
- A sport is usually considered as a passion. The essence of the sport is lost if performance enhancing drugs are legalizes
- Be legalizing such performance enhancing drugs, athletes could be motivated and get addicted to other forms of drugs.
- The athletes can take it for granted that these drugs will enhance their performance and thus, the hard work that could be put otherwise can be hampered.
We often relate the word drug to “addiction”. We also know that any form of addiction is not good physically or mentally. Performance enhancing drugs ideally shouldn’t be legalized however, they could be controlled. These drugs could be considered effective per athlete and situation.
You may like