Placement papers on Oracle - Set 1
1. All of the following can ONLY be used with numeric data types except:
STDDEVView Answer / Hide Answer
2. What operator is used to prevent the error: ‘ORA-01427:single row sub query returns more than one row’ ?
Use the IN operator
Use the >= operator
Use the CAN EXIST operator
Use the = operatorView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: Use the IN operator
3. Which of the following SQL operations demands the use of wild cards comparisons?
LIKEView Answer / Hide Answer
4. A hot backup is
taking up the backup of the database while it is still up and running
taking up the backup of the database after the user logs off
taking up the backup followed by taking cold backup
None of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: taking up the backup of the database while it is still up and running
5. A data block is
the place where all deleted records are persisted
the largest logical storage unit ever available for any database block
the smallest logical storage unit for a database object
all of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: the smallest logical storage unit for a database object
6. What are the two ways to determine the structure of a table in database?
Using DESCRIBE command and dbms_metadata_get_commit package
Using METADATA command STRUCTURE commands
Using DATA_ON_DATA and STRUCTURE commands
Using DESCRIBE command and dbms_metadata_get_ddl packageView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: Using DESCRIBE command and dbms_metadata_get_ddl package
7. How to force a log switch?
By using ALTER SYSTEM LOG
By using ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE
By using ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGS
By using ALTER SYS LOGFILESView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: By using ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE
8. Name the tool for tuning SQL statements.
EXPLAIN PLANView Answer / Hide Answer