Who are actuaries? Eligibility to be an actuary.
Who are actuaries? What do they do?
Actuaries can be considered as the most important analytics working on a country’s financial security programmes. Some of the important tasks that they carry out are –
- Design and development of insurance products, assessing the risk, product pricing and carrying out asset and liability valuation.
- Calculating the premiums – through the application of mathematical probability, compound interest and statistical techniques to finance
What are the qualifications required to be an actuary?
- To be an actuary one needs to be a fellow member of Institute of Actuaries of India (www.actuariesindia.org)
- To enroll for the course, one needs to hold a MSc in Maths or Statistics, the minimum eligibility is 85% marks in maths in Class XII.
- The Institute of Actuaries, London also conducts exams in India.
- RE: Who are actuaries? Eligibility to be an actuary. -Chirag (04/24/17)
- How can i enroll in institute of acturial science