BPO’s in INDIA
Business Process Outsourcing is one the most booming industries in India. When a company “contracts” another company of some roles and responsibilities of a certain business function, it is termed as outsourcing. The responsibilities can either be back office like HR and Finance or front office like customer relations.
India has numerous BPO’s. Most countries prefer to outsource in India because of cheap labor.Advantages of BPO’s
Disadvantages of BPO’s
- Have increased tremendous job opportunities.
- Youngsters, house wives are the most common of the lot. College going students get more than their pocket money.
- Obviously, gets revenue to the country.
- Most BPO’s have processes outsourced from countries like US and UK. The difference in time zones is a major hurdle.
- This difference leaves the employees with no choice but to work in the night.
- Introduces health disorders.
- Domestic issues are introduced especially if one partner works in the day.
- Since the employees work in the night, it becomes unsafe for women. Most of the rape cases read in recent past were employees of BPO are where the women are alone in the CAB.
BPO’s in India are definitely booming and introducing more and more job opportunities. It helps people to become independent at a very young age.
The major concern of BPO’s in India is the risk. Risk is both to the owner who has invested the money and the employees who have no job security.