English should be made the Official Language
The first question that may arise in anyone’s mind whose mother tongue is not English – Why should it be the official language? The most certain reason would be its acceptance and use. English is the most common language used throughout the world. The other more convincing points could be:-For
- The WWW has 80% of it’s content in English.
- Almost all countries in this world are aware of the language.
- English is being followed for years. It is used as the most common medium of communication.
- In this era of globalization, we need to follow what most of the world does. English, being the most common and widely used language is one of them.
- Competition is what drives the world and economy. In order to survive and be defensive, English is a must.
- Money drives the economy, to grow as an individual English is a must.
- Due to severe competition, youngsters tend to concentrate more on English and forget their national language.It is indeed shameful to not be aware of your own mother tongue fluently and know English well.
- All of us aware of freedom of speech and hence making any language official defy this.
- Having multiple languages helps to maintain diversity, respect and know about different communities.
- People can’t be forced to do anything today. At home, they will anyways speak the language they are most comfortable.
There can be innumerable reasons for making English as the official language. What’s more? – This is being in communicated in English as well! Last but not the least, even though English may be declared as the official language, the essence of the mother tongue should never be forgotten.