Oracle DBA Resume - Sample 3
An accomplished Oracle Database administrator (DBA) with expertise in technical skills and knowledge fruitful for the growth of the firm.
- Diploma in Oracle Database administration (DBA) from BAC Institute (Diploma course).
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) from FGH University.
- HSC from State board with 1st class.
- SSC from State board with 1st class.
Oracle 7/8/9 (RAC/OPS), MS-SQL, MySQL, DB2, Universal Database V8.1, Access, Lotus Notes, SAP, DPF.Operating Systems:
Windows 2000/2003/NT/XP, UNIX, Linux, Solaris.Applications:
SQL-Loader, SQL Navigator, SSH, Forte for Java, Apache, IIS, Domino 4.x/5.x/6.x, ULTRADEV, Dreamweaver.Languages:
Java, JSP, JDBC, XML, HTML, C, C++, Perl, VB, .NET, ASAP.NET.Certifications:
Oracle9i Database Administrator, IBM Certified Expert – DB2 Universal Database V7.1 Database Administration for UNIX, Windows, and OS/2.
WORK EXPERIENCEWorking as an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) in FSG Ltd. from May’2006 to Nov’2009(Present).Responsibilities
Worked as an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) in FSG Ltd. From Dec’2009 to Nov’2012(Present).Responsibilities
- Created Oracle 8i databases for 2 large departments, from planning and testing through production.
- Implemented backup and recovery procedures of databases in Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux environment: implemented backup and recovery procedures and IT department manual.
- Managed database remodeling and interface development during migration from MS Access to MS SQL server and from MS SQL to Oracle 8i.
- Enhanced MS-Access databases by improving user interface, introducing multiple-user access, and increasing security and stability.
- Involved in all phases of database development, from needs assessment to QA/QC, design, and support.
- Managing and supporting the 30+ Oracle databases.
- Create or clone the Oracle Instance and Databases on ASM. Perform database cloning and re-location activities.
- Managing table spaces, data files, redo logs, tables and its segments.
- Maintaining data integrity also managing profiles, resources and password security.
- Managing Users, Privileges and Roles.
- Installation of Oracle software and patches.
- Upgrading the 9i databases to 10g including data guard.
- Upgrading the Database from lower version to higher version.
- Tune SQL statement against database and its objects.
- Write script to monitor the database with shell and PL/SQL code or SQL code such as procedure, function and package.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 1st Rank holder throughout BCA in FGH University.
- 1st Rank in Diploma in Oracle DBA in BAC Institute.
- Participation in Cultural activities at college and school level.
- Internet surfing.
- Reading books.
- Playing Chess.
- Excellent technical abilities.
- Remarkable logical and analytical skills.
35 Bird Avenue, Watford Steet, FCB.Date of birth:
English, Hindi and Telugu.