Main components of the ATL Server project
Explain the three main components of the ATL Server project - the Web application DLL, the ISAPI extension DLL, and the server response file.- There can be many Web application DLLs in a virtual directory which can provide one or more named request handlers.
- They have the functionality for handling requests and generating responses.
- They expose request handlers that communicate with the ISAPI extension DLL.
- Each Web application DLL can be used from multiple server response files.
- Server response files are basically text files.
- They contain the static parts of a response and special tags.
- These special tags describe where request handler methods can be called to generate the dynamic parts of the response.
- Each server response file can use more than one Web application DLL.
- The requests from IIS are received by the ISAPI extension DLL and are passed to the appropriate Web application DLL.
- It provides the request handling infrastructure and common services used by the Web application DLLs.
- One ISAPI extension DLL exists per virtual directory and it handles requests for files with the .dll and .srf extensions.