Role of BPEL.- BPEL is a language for relatively simple description of how web services are composed into business processes.
Role of BPEL:
1. Allows abstract and executable processes.
2. Gained support by Majority of companies.
3. Allows software to exist and similar processes can be executed and developed.
4. Makes decisions based on business rules.
5. Defines business processes which interact with external entities through web service operations.
6. Supports the implicit creation and termination of process instances as the basic lifecycle mechanism.