Distinguish between new and malloc and delete and free().Delete is assocated with new and free(0 is associated with malloc().
- It's an operator
- Delete is associated with new
- It creates an object
- It throws exceptions if memory is unavailable
- Operator new can be overloaded
- You can state the number of objects to be created.
- It’s a function.
- free() is associated with malloc().
- It does not create objects.
- It returns NULL.
- This cannot be overloaded.
- You need to specify the number of bytes to be allocated.