What is CICS?
- CICS stands for Customer Information Control System.
- CICS is a telecommunication transaction server that runs primarily on IBM mainframe operating systems.
- CICS allows data to be transmitted from Terminal to the host and after data processed, access files, databases then data transmitted back to the Terminal.
- CICS supports the development and execution of online applications.
- CICS is a transaction manager designed for rapid, high-volume online processing.
- CICS is used in bank applications, ATM systems, industrial production control systems, insurance applications and many other types of interactive application.
- It also supports Web services and Enterprise Java Beans(EJBs).