What is strong-typing versus weak-typing? Which is preferred? Why?- In weak typing, it is allowed to define a block of memory as another type (casting).
- Languages like C, C++ are weakly and statically typed.
- Languages like Perl and PHP are weakly typed as you can add numbers to strings and they will implicitly coerce it.
- Languages like Java, C# and Python are strongly typed. In these the type conversion needs to be explicitly handled.
- For scripts we use weak typing.
- In big programs, we use strong typing which can reduce errors at compile time.