Art & Culture - Current Affairs for May, 2016
Art & Culture Current Affairs for May, 2016Month wise coverage of Art & Culture Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing Art & Culture Current Affairs May, 20161. Read the most important Art & Culture Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Art & Culture MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ Signet made of clay along 3000 artefacts found by ASI [05-30-16]
A signet made of clay with ornamental design was among the about 3,000 ancient artefacts found at the Keezhadi Pallai Sandhaipudur village in Sivangaga district during an excavation conducted by a team of experts from the Archaeological Survey of India ( ASI ).
- According to ASI officials, the ancient settlement at the village, which was on the highway travelled by traders all over the world once, had an underground drainage system which was on par with the Harappan system.
- The sewage drains had been laid with "baked clay pipe lines”.
- "The drainage system is similar to what was found in Harappan civilisation site" they said.
- They claimed that the settlement was more than 2,500 years old, belonging to the ancient Pandiya era.
- Apart from signets, arrows, iron and copper weapons, rare ornaments and scribbling nail, had been found, Amarnath Ramakrishna said.