Education - Current Affairs for October, 2016
Education Current Affairs for October, 2016Month wise coverage of Education Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing Education Current Affairs October, 20161. Read the most important Education Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Education MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ IIM to be set up in J&K along with IIT [10-17-16]
The Union Cabinet on 13th Oct 2016 have approval for the setting up of an Indian Institute of Management in J&K. The institute will operate from a temporary campus at Old Government College of Engineering and Technology from 2016-2017
- The project will cost INR 62 crore for 4 years from 2016–2020
- Student strength intake for 2016 in the PGDP in Management is 54 which is set to shoot up to 120 in the 4th year
- Steps are being taken for setting up the campus at Jammu and the out-campus in the Kashmir region
- Union Cabinet has also approved the formation of an IIM Jammu Society under the Society Registration Act 1860
- IIM Jammu will be run and managed by a Society with a board of governors constituted by GoI which will administer the Institute and manage its establishment and operationalisation
- This decision is part of the development package of the PM for J&K– the institute is alongside the establishment of an IIT in Jammu, modernisation of NIT Srinagar and opening of 2 AIIMS institutions- one each in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indian Institute of Management is the country’s premier institution imparting quality education in the field of management
- Currently there are 19 IIMs.