Famous Personalities - Current Affairs for May, 2016
Famous Personalities Current Affairs for May, 2016Month wise coverage of Famous Personalities Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing Famous Personalities Current Affairs May, 20161. Read the most important Famous Personalities Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Famous Personalities MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ Donald Trump reaches magic number to clinch Republican nomination [05-27-16]
Donald Trump has reached the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for President on 26th May 2016. This has upended the political landscape and set the stage for a bitter campaign.
- Unbound delegates supported Trump who then addressed a victory conference in Bismarck, North Dakota.
- Online learning startup EdCast acquired online sales training company Sales university called WAGmob for a non disclosed amount.
- This is the first acquisition the education platform has made after closing USD 16 million Series B round led by GE Asset Management in April. Sales University founded by former Microsoft engineering executives is in Seattle, US and Indore, India
▼ Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurates exhibition on Frontier Gandhi [05-23-16]
Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Minister of state for Culture and Tourism inaugurated an exhibition “ Frontier Gandhi and the Indian Freedom Movement” on the commemoration of the 125th birth anniversary of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan. The descendants of Khan were presented shawls on the occasion. Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan was a freedom fighter.
▼ Neelam Sanjiva Reddy’s birth anniversary observed on May 19 [05-20-16]
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee paid homage to Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, former President of India on his Birth Anniversary at Rashtrapati Bhavan (May 19, 2016). He paid floral tributes in front of a portrait of Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan were present on the occasion.
▼ Uday Kotak on Forbes list [05-13-16]
The list comprises of 40 most powerful peoples in the financial world.The only Indian who finds mention in the list is Uday Kotak, the CEO of the Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- He is ranked 33rd in the list with a net worth of 7.1 billion dollars and oversees assets worth 34.6 billion dollars.
- The list has been topped by Stephen Schwarzman of Blackstone Group followed by David Tepper of Appaloosa Management and Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase & Co.