Indian Economy - Current Affairs for January, 2015

Indian Economy Current Affairs for January, 2015

Month wise coverage of Indian Economy Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.

Preparing Indian Economy Current Affairs January, 2015

1. Read the most important Indian Economy Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Indian Economy MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
  • Month & Year   
▼ Change in base year pushed up economic growth rate   [01-23-15]

These changes follow a revision in the base for calculating national accounts to 2011-12 from 2004-05.

▼ New base year for computing economic growth in India- 2011-2012   [01-23-15]

The base year was last revised in January 2010. Earlier, year 2004-05 was the base year for computing the economic growth rate. India Ratings (Ind-Ra), a leading rating agency of the county, on 28th Jan’15 said that the revision in base year of India’s national accounts will increase the size of the economy to Rs. 111.7 trillion in the financial year 2014-15.

▼ CCEA approves increasing foreign holding in HDFC to 74%   [01-23-15]

HDFC Bank would raise the fund through issuing of equity shares to non-resident Indians (NRIs) or foreign institutional investors (FIIs) or foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) subject to aggregate foreign shareholding not exceeding 74 per cent of the post issue paid up capital.

▼ Scaling the Heights: Social Inclusion and Sustainable Development in Himachal Pradesh’ report released by WB   [01-23-15]

As per the report, Per capita income in Himachal Pradesh is the second highest in the country – an impressive achievement given that more than 90 percent of its residents live in rural areas.

▼ CIL 10% stake to be sold by GoI   [01-23-15]

The decision will help the government to raise revenue of 24,000 crore rupees at the current market price. Currently, the government holds 89.65 per cent stake in CIL. As per the minimum shareholding norms for listed companies, the government needs to lower its stake in the state-run behemoth to 75 percent.

▼ RBI lifts ban on carrying Indian Rs. 1000 and 500 notes to and from Nepal   [01-23-15]

RBI issued a circular eased the restriction on export and import of bank notes of 1,000 and 500 denominations for Nepal and Bhutan that it had imposed since May, 2000. The Indian central bank, however, has put a limit of carrying such notes at Rs 25,000 per person.

▼ Number of MoUs signed between India and the US under Smart Cities Scheme- 3   [01-23-15]

Under these MOUs, the U.S. would assist India in developing three smart cities Allahabad, Ajmer and Visakhapatnam.

▼ 2015- Year India's forex reserves touched all time high after September 2011   [01-23-15]

India's foreign exchange reserves touched an all time high of 322.135 billion US Dollars for the week ended 16thJanuary’15. Strong FII inflows and reduction in import burden due to a record fall in oil prices have led to accumulation of the record forex reserves.

▼ 4thEdition of Status Paper on Government Debt released on 21stJanuary 2015   [01-22-15]

Since 2010-11, the Central Government has been bringing out an annual Status Paper on Government Debt giving detailed analysis of the government’s debt position.

▼ INR 2000 crore Janki Ram Marg connecting Ayodhya to Janakpur to be constructed   [01-22-15]

The road will connect Ayodhya with Janakpur in Nepal, to which Sita, the wife of Lord Rama in the epic 'Ramayana', belonged.

▼ India likely to cross China's projected growth rate of 6.5% by 2016   [01-22-15]

In 2014, India's growth rate was 5.8 per cent against China's 7.4 per cent, said the World Economic Report update released by the International Monetary Fund. India's growth rate in 2013 was five per cent as against China's 7.8 per cent.

▼ India and China's trade deficit widens by USD 37.8 billion in 2014   [01-22-15]

India-China trade increased all time high of 73.9 billion US dollars in 2011 but declined to 66.57 billion US dollars in 2012 and 65.49 billion US dollars in 2013.

▼ CRR kept steady by RBI on 15thJanuary 2015   [01-22-15]

Cash Reserve Ratio by Reserve bank of India keeps remains unchanged at 4%.

▼ RBI Cuts Reverse Repo rate by 25 Basis Points on January 15, 2015   [01-22-15]

Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cut the reverse repo rate by 25 basis points to 7.75%. The move comes at a time when inflation is steadily coming down and cries for a rate cut were growing loud.

▼ Maharashtra   [01-22-15]

These four states contributed 62% of total health insurance premium; the rest 32 States/UTs contributed only 38% of total premium.