International Economy - Current Affairs for May, 2016
International Economy Current Affairs for May, 2016Month wise coverage of International Economy Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing International Economy Current Affairs May, 20161. Read the most important International Economy Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our International Economy MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ Greece wins bailout funds from creditors [05-26-16]
Greece has won an essential batch of bailout funds from global creditors following an agreement among 19 eurozone finance ministers and can look forward to debt relief in the future.
- The ministers approved current reform efforts and disburse 10.3 billion Euro in funds to see Athens through the next few months
- We now have global agreement opens the way for significant disbursement for much needed fun dinging for Greece and important measures
- First disbursement of 7.5 billion euros could begin by the middle of next month with other disbursements coming after summer.
- The global agreement opens the way for significant disbursement of much needed funding for Greece and important measures on debt relief
- Breakthrough comes after talks instead of easy approval
▼ Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida announces multi billion dollar initiative to promote development in Mekong region [05-3-16]
The Mekong region comprises Vietnam, Thailand and Laos. The importance of South east Asian economic prosperity was also affirmed to Japan. Around 750 billion yen was pledged in funding during the coming years for promoting growth and development in the region.
▼ China develops world’s first graphene electronic paper [05-2-16]
- China has developed a new electronic paper touted as the world’s first graphene electronic paper.
- It will be a huge breakthrough that will catapult the material to a new level.
- It was developed by The Guangzhou OED Technologies in partnership with a company in Chongqing.
- Compared with traditional e-papers, graphene e-paper is more pliable and has more intensity and its high-light transmittance means optical displays will be much brighter.
- Graphene is the strongest and lightest known material in the world.