National & International Events - Current Affairs for September, 2016
National & International Events Current Affairs for September, 2016Month wise coverage of National & International Events Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing National & International Events Current Affairs September, 20161. Read the most important National & International Events Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our National & International Events MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ YUDH ABHYAS 2016 – Indo-US joint military exercise [09-13-16]
Part of ongoing Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training exercise “YUDH ABHYAS 2016” will be conducted in the foothills of Himalayas at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand from September 14 to 27.
- Under the aegis of the Headquarter Central Command, this is one of the longest joint military training and bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and the US
- Two week exercise will witness the participation of 225 personnel of the US Army and a Congo Brigade of the Indian army
- This is the 12th edition of the exercise hosted alternately by the two nations
- Both nations will work for counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in mountainous terrain under UN charter.
- Training will lead to a final validation exercise in which troops of both nations can carry out operations against terrorism
- The exercise will have a section on the Brigade HQ based Command Post Exercise
- This is an infantry company carrying out field training exercise and discussions on issues of mutual interest by experts in both nations.