Summits & Meetings - Current Affairs for August, 2016
Summits & Meetings Current Affairs for August, 2016Month wise coverage of Summits & Meetings Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing Summits & Meetings Current Affairs August, 20161. Read the most important Summits & Meetings Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Summits & Meetings MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ Bureau of Police Research and Development joins hands with NIA for conference [08-10-16]
The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in coordination with National Investigation Agency (NIA) is organizing the 1st National Conference of Investigation Agencies on 12-13th August, 2016, at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- The conference has originated from the mandate of the BPR&D and the recommendations of Directors General of Police (DGPs)/Inspectors General of Police (IGPs) conferences which stipulated “To organize the All India Conference of Police and Law Enforcement officers engaged in investigation tasks”.
- The conference envisages to provide an annual national platform to all the officers of law enforcement agencies engaged in investigation tasks with the objective to discuss the latest laws and judgments and their implications for investigation and prosecution and to deliberate on new legislation/ criminal law amendments and systematic changes for meeting new challenges in investigation.
- The conference also envisages about adoption of latest technology in forensic sciences for expeditious and professional investigation and to share best practices followed by different investigation agencies which could be implemented by others.
▼ 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities held in Islamabad, Pakistan [08-5-16]
Seventh meeting of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation Immigration Authorities was on 2nd August 2016 held in Pakistan’s capital Islamabad.
- The meeting was chaired by Pakistan’s DG Immigration and Passports, Usman Bajwa.
- The meeting reviewed different areas to capitalise on visa exemption scheme launched by member countries in the 1990s
- It also planned on development of security software for SAARC Visa exemption scheme and immigration matters.