Summits & Meetings - Current Affairs for July, 2016
Summits & Meetings Current Affairs for July, 2016Month wise coverage of Summits & Meetings Current Affairs helps you improve your general knowledge and prepare for all competitive exams like IBPS, Bank PO, SBI PO, RRB, RBI, LIC, Specialist Officer, Clerk, SSC, UPSC, Railway etc. This section is updated daily with the most important events.
Preparing Summits & Meetings Current Affairs July, 20161. Read the most important Summits & Meetings Current affairs and facts here. 2. Take practice test of our Summits & Meetings MCQ and Objective type questions. 3. Clear any quiz, GK, job interview or competitive exam on current affairs.
- Month & Year
▼ DIPP organises Startup India conference [07-26-16]
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion has organised a day long conference on Startup India in New Delhi aimed at enhancing the ease of doing business.
- Startup would now need only certificate of recognition from government to get IPR benefits.
- Under the ‘Start-up India’ action plan, the government has announced three-year tax holiday and other benefits to these entrepreneurs.
- Around 4400 technology startups are there in India and number is expected to reach 12,000 by 2020.
▼ Workshop on CEZ organised under Sagarmala programme [07-22-16]
To provide a boost to the Make in India initiative and promote port led industrialisation, Ministry of Shipping organised a workshop on Coastal Economic Zones or CEZs under the Sagarmala programme in New Delhi.
- Workshop focused on 14 coastal economic zones identified under the National Perspective Plan of the Sagarmala.
- Workshop apprised participants that CEZs will be aligned to relevant ports in the maritime states and will house Coastal Economic Units for setting up manufacturing facilities.
- The CEZs have been conceptualised as spatial economic regions extending 300-500 km of coastline and 200-300 km inland from the coast.
- CEZ will be an agglomeration of coastal districts within the State.
▼ 11th Inter State Council meeting held [07-18-16]
The 11th meeting of the Inter-State Council has been held under the chairmanship of India’s PM Narendra Modi.
- The Inter State Council meeting had many firsts- one of these is that for the first time, a meeting of the Inter-State Council has covered a wide range of topics for common interest of States and Centre.
- Earlier the meeting had focused on just one or two sectors.
- The meeting has been held after a gap of 10 years.
▼ Anti Drug Working Group Meeting of Drug Control Agencies of BRICS at New Delhi [07-11-16]
NCB, Ministry of Home Affairs organised the 2nd anti-drug Working Group meeting of the Heads of Drug Control Agencies of BRICS countries.
- Meeting was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh.
- India will be hosting the eighth BRICS summit in October 2016 in Goa.
- Seventh BRICS summit was held in July 2015 in Russia.
- This was the 2nd such meeting of the Heads of Drug Control Agencies.
- Delegates from 5 BRICS countries namely Brazil, Russia, China, India and South Africa participated in the discussions which followed the inaugural sessions.
▼ First SAARC tourism summit held by India in Aurangabad [07-11-16]
MEA is holding the country’s first SAARC Tourism Summit in Aurangabad.
- This city is also counted as the tourism capital of Maharashtra.
- Government hopes the summit will bolster Make in India and Make in Maharahstra and rake in more FDI.
- Two day meet will be organised in the second week of October and it is aimed at tapping FDI Biotechnology hubs under the Make in India scheme.
- MTDC is planning to also set up a Buddhist centre on its 900 acre land at Ellora.
▼ Youth Summit for the BRICS countries in Guwahati [07-4-16]
A Youth Summit for the BRICS nations has started in Guwahati with the theme “Youth as bridge for Intra-BRICS exchanges.” Subjects to be covered include skill development, entrepreneurship, social inclusion, youth volunteerism and you participation in governance.
- Programme for the summit includes cultural events, site visits, thematic debates and interactive sessions with local youth.
- Youth Summit will also be an occasion to introduce NE India to BRICS youth.
▼ SCO Summit held on 24th June 2016 [07-1-16]
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit concluded on 24 June 2016 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The 2-day meeting was conducted under the presidency of Uzbekistan.
- India and Pakistan signed the Memorandum of Obligations on 24 June 2016.
- The signing of Memorandum of Obligations by India and Pakistan started the formal process of joining the SCO as a full member. They are expected to become full members by the next meeting at Astana in 2017.
- It was founded in 2001 in Shanghai by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.