What are the restrictions applicable while creating views? - Views can be created referencing tables and views only in the current database.
- A view name must not be the same as any table owned by that user.
- You can build views on other views and on procedures that reference views.
- Rules or DEFAULT definitions can't be associated with views.
- Only INSTEAD OF triggers can be associated with views.
- The query that defines the view cannot include the ORDER BY, COMPUTE, or COMPUTE BY clauses or the INTO keyword.
- You cannot define full-text index definitions for views.
- You cannot create temporary views
- You cannot create views on temporary tables.
What are the restrictions applicable while creating views?The following are the restrictions for creating views in RDBMS;
- Views can be created only in the current database.
- A computed value can not be changed in a view
- INSERT and DELETE statements may be used subject to the integrity constraints.