What is the difference between view and materialized view?A view is created by combining data from different tables. Hence, a view does not have data of itself.
On the other hand, Materialized view usually used in data warehousing has data. This data helps in decision making, performing calculations etc. The data stored by calculating it before hand using queries.
When a view is created, the data is not stored in the database. The data is created when a query is fired on the view. Whereas, data of a materialized view is stored.
What is the difference between view and materialized view?View:
- Tail raid data representation is provided by a view to access data from its table.
- It has logical structure can not occupy space.
- Changes get affected in corresponding tables.
- Pre calculated data persists in materialized view.
- It has physical data space occupation.
- Changes will not get affected in corresponding tables.