What are the resource file and how do we generate resource file?- Resource files are used to separate the implementation of the application from its User Interface. Thus, it eliminates the need to change at various sections of code to add a different language.
- It is an XML file which contains string and other resources.
- These files are used to store user interface strings that must be translated into other languages.
- It can be opened with a text editor and cane written to, parsed and manipulated.
- The Resource File Generator(Resgen.exe) is used to generate the resource file.
- The Resgen.exe file converts text files.
Following tasks are performed by Resgen.exe file:
- It converts text or restext files to .resource or .resx files.
- It converts .resx files to text or .resource files.
- It extracts the string resources from an assembly into a .resw file that is suitable for use in a windows.
- It creates a strongly typed class that provides access to individual named resources and to the ResourceManager.