How do you create a resource-only assembly?- Resources are non executable data in an application and the data can be updated without recompiling the application.
- One should create a resource-only assembly if you need to update the resources frequently without recompiling the whole solution.
Steps to create resource-only assembly:
1. Create a new empty project.
2. Add a new resource item to the project.
3. In project's property pages, choose output type as a class library..
4. Build project to have the resource files being compiled into an assembly.
- Resource assemblies are useful when you need to frequently update resources in a program without having to recompile the entire solution.
- The resource assemblies can be retrieved using the ResourceManager class.