Corruption is the price we pay for democracy
Corruption is any unfair means to get your work done. Corruption exists in almost in every sector. In small terms corruption exists in colleges where students pay to get marks. In big terms it exists in politics!
As we know, democracy means of the people, for the people and by the people. It is to help people leave the way they want. This liberty however can be misused. Hence a question here is “Is democracy resulting in corruption”?For
- Democracy makes everyone a free bird. Some people especially the politicians make use of this in the wrong way.
- Though it is unfair to say that because of Democracy, corruption is existent, however, the fact remains that democracy provides equality to everyone that results in people to have their own aims.
- These aims may not always necessarily be for the country.
- Democracy allows people to choose their leader. The leaders can thus easily buy votes!
- Corruption is not a direct result of democracy. It can exist anyway. At the end of the day, it is an individual’s decision to spread corruption or not.
- When people are given a choice to their leader, they must think twice before doing so. If they accept bribe it is not democracy that can be lamed.
To summarizes, corruption in whole should be stopped. Whether it is a direct outcome of anything or not, it does not matter.