Global warming is the increase in temperature of the earth’s surface and oceans.Causes
- Different gasses emitted from power plants, cars, air planes. Gasses like Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide are the main culprits.
- Pollution – the polluted gasses emitted from the vehicles are the biggest cause of global warming.
- Population – Most of the populating countries will demand more vehicles, more demand for agriculture. This results in more methane because there will be more burning of fossil fuels.
Solution / prevention
- To start with, plants and animals will be affected the most. This is because high temperatures will melt ice in Greenland and Antarctica increasing the rise of sea level.
- High temperatures will make agriculture next to impossible. Only areas that will be left little cold can withstand the agriculture.
- The rise in sea level will pollute the salt water, empty reservoirs and results in water scarcity.
- Global warming will result in more heart related ailments.
- In the worst scenario, the environment will be destructed leading to floods, drought etc.
- To ensure the vehicles are not emitting polluted gases.
- To plant more trees.
- To make extensive use of renewable energy.