Managers are born, not trained
Managing is an art. It cannot be acquired overnight.For
- There are numerous management schools. The schools and college are because none of the managers are born trained.
- Like every professional today goes through the respective studies, managers need to as well.
- No one is a born actor, actress, doctor or engineer. Neither are managers.
- Management may be a very general term. However, each manager needs to excel in his stream. Different forms of managerial skills are required for each stream. They need to be trained.
- Management does not merely include managing people and work; it requires administrative techniques as well. These cannot be inbuilt.
- Management involves professionalism as well. This can certainly not be inbuilt. It needs to be taught.
Looking at people around (mothers especially), few people get the art of management.
- Management is quite a practical aspect. It can’t be taught through theory in colleges.
- Most of us through daily experiences can become managers. It cannot be taught through training.
- Most of the successful businessmen today may not have a management degree. This is simply because management is not something that can be taught. It is inbuilt.
- Even though training may impart some knowledge, however the skill of management can be influenced from people around.
Hence, even though managers may be born trained or not, professionalism, respect to others is what matters the most. If all of this is acquired, a manager will always excel.