Should euthanasia be legalized?
Euthanasia can be also called as mercy killing. It is a process of giving an easy and painless death to someone. There are some people who feel that euthanasia should be legal because that is the last resort. On the other hand some feel it’s a crime.
Mercy killing is done when the patient is terminally ill and there are no chances of the person to live. The person is in pain and stress. Some countries like Netherlands have euthanasia legalized and at times term it as a dignified form of death.
It should not be legalized because:-
- Each individual has the right to end their life.
- There could be hope of the person to live. Miracles happen as well!
- According to many religions, the ultimate decision maker is GOD. And may be God wants the person to live.
It should be legalized because:-
- It is a pain free death. It could relief the person.
- It saves the person from pain and misery.
- The patient has anyways lost all hopes to live. It could a new value to his life.
- It’s not just about the patient. The relatives and closed ones go through a bad phase as well. This is because they have to see someone they love someone in so much pain.
We as humans have no rights to kill anyone. As long as the patient gets to speak and says his last wish, euthanasia should be OK. It can be legalized as long as the laws are strict. The government needs to lay down situations that should be followed. In a country like India it is a little difficult because of the diverse religious beliefs of people.