What is WDP?- It is a network layer protocol for delivering datagrams over a wireless IP network.
- Wireless Datagram Protocol (WDP) works at the transport layer of WAP.
- WDP processes datagrams from upper layers to formats required by different physical datapaths like GSM SMS or CDMA Packet Data.
- WDP is adapted to the bearers available in the device so upper layers don't need to care about the physical level.
- It provides a common interface to the upper layer of the protocol stack.
Features of WDP:
- It provides a network and bearer independent interface to higher layers.
- It provides segmentation and re-assembly.
- It provides a port level addressing.
- IP, UDP is used as the Wireless Datagram Protocol layer.
What is the J2ME platform?
Java Platform 2 Micro Edition: JME is a specification of a java platform for developing software for micro electronic devices, such as PDA, Mobile phones, home appliances etc....