What is WTP?- The Wireless Transaction Protocol (WTP) is a protocol in the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) suite.
- It is mostly used in the mobile telephony.
- It is suitable for secure or non-secure wireless datagram networks.
- It is a lightweight transaction oriented protocol.
It provides three types of transactions:
1. Unreliable one-way
2. Reliable one-way
3. Reliable two-way
Features of WTP:
- It supports segmentation and re-assembly.
- It provides reliable, efficient data transfer based on the request/reply paradigm.
- It supports selective-retransmission
- It provides Internet content and advanced telephony services to digital phones, pagers and other wireless terminals.
What is the J2ME platform?
Java Platform 2 Micro Edition: JME is a specification of a java platform for developing software for micro electronic devices, such as PDA, Mobile phones, home appliances etc....