What is tag extension in JSP model?- JSP supports the authors to add their own custom tags that perform custom actions.
- This is performed by using JSP tag extension API.
- A java class is written by developers which implements the tag interface and provides a tag library XML description file.
- This file specifies the tags and java classes that are used to implement the tags.
- The JSP tag extensions create new tags that can be inserted into the JavaServer Page directly.
- To write a code just extend SimpleTagSupport class and override the doTag() method, where the code can be placed to generate content for the tag.