Explain the Java Collection framework? What are the benefits of the Java collection framework?A collection is a set of heterogeneous objects. A framework makes the applications efficient, less hard coded, similar implementation for various objects. Utilize collection framework where performance is the criteria and simplicity is the need.
One more advantage of collection framework is that, a group of objects ,without order or type of restrictions can be represented through a single object. A collections framework is a unified architecture for representing and manipulating collections.
The Java Collections Framework provides the following benefits:
- Reduces programming effort
- Increases program speed and quality
- Allows interoperability among unrelated APIs
- Reduces effort to learn and to use new APIs
- Reduces effort to design new APIs
- Fosters software reuse