Define JDBC.- The JDBC API defines interfaces and classes for making database connections.
- Using JDBC, you can send SQL, PL/SQL statements to almost any relational database.
- It can access any kind of tabular data especially the data stored in the relational database.
It helps in writing Java applications that manage these three programming activities:
1. Connect to a data source, like a database
2. Send queries and update statements to the database
3. Retrieve and process the results received from the database in answer to your query