What are filter class in java?- The filter class in java can manipulate request before reaches to the web server.
- It can also manipulate response before it reaches the client browser.
Some of the different types of filters that are suggested by their specifications are:
1. Authentication Filters.
2. Data compression Filters
3. Encryption Filters .
4. Filters that trigger resource access events.
5. Image Conversion Filters .
6. Logging and Auditing Filters.
7. MIME-TYPE Chain Filters.
8. Tokenizing Filters .
9. XSL/T Filters That Transform XML Content.
- These filters are deployed in the deployment descriptor file that is web.xml file and then it maps to either Servlet or JSP or URL patterns in your application's deployment descriptor.
- This deployment descriptor file web.xml is found in the \conf directory.
- An instance of each filter is created that is declared in the deployment descriptor when the JSP container starts the web application.
- The execution of the filters takes place in the order of their declaration in the deployment descriptor.